you know, sometimes i think that i practice self-control at the wrong times.
example:
when i'm walking to class, listening to architecture in helsinki on my ipod (trendiest sentence ever) and all i want to do is dance. or at least throw in a spin move or two. but i don't. because i've given in to those lame social norms that discourage me from doing so. one of these days, i'm going to just forget it and dance all the way home. i'm not attracting any boys by NOT dancing, so what the heck.
but then at other times, i should practice self-control by putting away my computer and going to bed early. but here it is 12:35 a.m. at the beginning of what is going to be somewhat of a crazy week, and i am choosing to start it out tired.
whatever.
i miss you all. christene and i are compiling a list of things we miss.
because something is missing (but i did just find my pink indian bracelet which was missing so that's one less thing)
glow in the dark stars
waking up in my house
talking to my parents
the smell of south jordan
driving down 9800s.
drives in aaron's truck
having a crush on a boy?
maybe that's superficial. i dont care. i'm bored. give me something to do my hair for.
i love friends. i love my roommates. i don't think i could imagine a more perfect group of girls for me to live with. ahhhh and that's all i can say. i'm thankful for that.
speaking of roommates mack and i are talking right now. so i'm going to go talk to her.
3 comments:
I made the list, well my truck made the list. Happiest day of my life. Err....my truck's life?
It doesn't matter.
I miss you too.
Lots.
Hey Al
Ilove your blog. And I love you. You are amazing.
Mom
Hey, this is actually Brooke this time. Two things on your blog that made me laugh because I can especially relate to 1)eye contact boy. I can't tell you how many of those I racked up in college, but did I ever talk to them? no. That's because I was lame about that, you should do it. I was never clever enough to coin the name though, perfect- I love it. 2)wanting something to do my hair for. Sometimes I want a date night with Scott just as much because I want "something to do my hair for" as be with him. Don't tell him that... I guess it's on the world wide web now :)
Post a Comment