Wednesday, October 24, 2007

and we're slow to acknowledge the knots in our laces...HEART IT RACES

you know, i really would write more blogs (notes?) if i didn't have such a hard time finding the thing that says "write a new note"
but,
i digress.

this note is dedicated to my life in rexburg. dear life in rexburg. you are awkward. normally, i wouldn't consider myself an awkward person.that is most likely a lie. anyway when i am here i feel the need to relate my life story to anyone who will listen simply because i have to tell a funny story and that funny story wouldn't make sense unless i give the background to it. the entire time i talk too fast and acquire some sort of speech impediment.

i need a story filter. when i recognize that a story won't be as funny as it is in my head when it is told out loud.
so i'll work on that.


there are a few things that have happened over these many weeks of being back in college that i thought, i should probably write a blog about that. because i'm awesome. but i don't write very much lately and then i forget. but i would like to thank a few people:

-girl on her way home from dance class (i'm assuming based on her attire) practicing whatever they learned in class that day. she sasheed (i know that is spelled wrong. sashayed? i have no idea.) and waltzed down the sidewalk. i was truly jealous because i often want to dance on my way to class but i never have the courage. so dear girl in front of the snow building, thank you. i applaud you.

-unicycle boy. gooooood heavens. you almost ran me over. but then you passed me. and you handled that steep hill with such grace and were peddling so fast. ooooh did i laugh. unicycles...ha..

-devil's advocate in my english class. you love fighting with people who aren't trying to fight with you. that's all.

-my french teacher. who hides flashcards in some secret pocket in his sweater. he just pulls them out of nowhere.

-my turtle. he will live longer than your turtle.

-making awkward facebook friends.

-my roommate guitar.

-breakfast club. you were doomed from the beginning. i'm still a believer. starting next saturday. everyone come to our communist breakfast club, or breakfast for lunch club. make our dreams become a reality.


i'm a bit rusty at this whole note thing...
leave a topic you would like to see noted,
and i'll see what i can do

4 comments:

Janna said...

How about your nephews? And I mean all of them; not just the ones I provide. :)

Brooke said...

Alison-
Oh how I love this post. It makes me miss Rexburg oh, so much! When I was there, we had a little guy we called, singing headphones guy. He walked around with his headphones on and singing at the top of his lungs. My roommates and I would always talk about how awesome it would be if one of us turned into crazy ski mask girl that wore a ski mast everywhere she went... oh, goodness, I'm cracking myself up just thinking about how many times we walked home from the library giggling about making crazy ski mask girl a reality...

Ashley Mackay said...

I was Brooke's roommate and I would like to say, will unicycle boy never graduate? He has been there for years and years. Even longer than I spent in college. I am sure he is the same unicycle boy. There just CAN'T be more than one, can there?

Matthew R. Hall, Esq. said...

You have a communist breakfast club? No way! I love communism!