Saturday, June 23, 2012

six months!

elsie rae is six months old today! blows my mind.









at six months, elsie's favorite toy is the 1/4 white plastic measuring cup. she can roll from her back to her stomach with ease but gets super frustrated after a few minutes on her stomach unless she's watching i love lucy or baby einstein (my baby watches tv get over it). she's ventured into the world of solid foods once and wasn't a fan. she sleeps through the night. her favorite person in the world is her dad. she's a good sport on all the adventures we take her on but gets tired of the car seat after 5 hours (go figure). she loves loves loves bath time but still doesn't care for other kinds of water (the pool, the lake). 

elsie has the best disposition. she's friendly, happy, and so easy to be around. when she's fussy she's usually pretty easily consoled. i love hanging out with her all day and love even more when i leave for a few hours and come home to have her reach for me and grin. 

i love you els! happy half of a year!


4 comments:

holli h. said...

can't believe she is already six months!! im still convinced she is the perfect baby, and im afraid to have a child of my own because i am not sure it will live up to "elsie" standards.

and about the seven peaks post!! ha. i wasn't denying the fact that i knew seven peaks existed--ESPECIALLY with you as a roommate. obviously. haha. i had just never been. and i really had no idea that it was right by where we lived. for some reason i always imagined it on the other side of provo. it wasn't until i hiked the Y that I figured it out.

Nan said...

Oh what great pictures of a wonderful baby. Grandma loves you all!

Anna Jay said...

love that last photo of her! Gosh Alison, I'm with Holli's comment. You've already trumped all of our children.

REBBIE said...

When I think of your life now, I just picture everything happening on a houseboat. I love that. I might be coming to LP in August and guess who's gonna be the first and only person on my TO-SEE list when I get there?? y-o-u. Oh, and Elsie can come too.