Saturday, April 17, 2010

change of time josh ritter

oh hey love of my life.

via

today a dear friend surprised me with josh ritter's new album, so runs the world away. after nearly weeping with joy in the middle of the library i hurried home, and from three p.m. to four p.m. i laid on our tramp with my ipod. just me, mr. ritter, and some stuff that was all over the tramp from the trees. best hour of my week, easily.

if you've been my friend for more than three days i've probably tried to push josh ritter on you. i just gush. i don't really know why i love all of his music so much. but i do. it's just very sincere. very americana. very idaho. not to mention he is the jolliest man ever at his live shows.

whenever i'm having an off day i just listen to his entire discography. whenever i'm having a good day i do the same thing. my friend recently asked me to make her a cd of my favorite josh songs. it was impossible to do. ALL of them are my favorite lauren! how many blank cds do you have??

this post is probably incredibly uninteresting to most of you. i can't write about music, which is something that will frustrate me forever. just let it be said that i love this music a lot. can't wait for june 18.

2 comments:

Angela said...

i love that you love josh ritter so much. comforts me in my own obsessions.

Ashley said...

Ok so I know you don't know me, but I found your blog a little while ago. Can't remember where. I have to say I love your bloggy random-ness, and I love that song by Josh Ritter. I've never really listened to anything by him before and I am so pleasantly surprised... I'm this way with Jason Mraz. I can't explain it. But that's part of the greatness of it isn't it?

Anyway. Hopefully you don't think I'm a creeper. Happy Tuesday.