it's not like i really wait for a text. but sometimes it's nice when i realize i still can create things without experts, theorists, and critics to cite summarize and paraphrase. i'm homeless. always wanted to be a hobo, (HOmeward BOund so my sister says) because one day something will feel permanent and i won't walk into an apartment that never smells quite right with posters on the wall that don't really match the turtle on the bookcase.
and my computer has this adorable habit of turning off whenever it feels i have had enough. but there is no way i'm going to try to brave walmart when i can just bum off my roommate.
hobo.
because it's all about defamiliarizing my fear of stairs and strangers chasing me up them. i've never been so pleased to have a nightmare because the helicopters took us away from the zombies in the end. a dream that was a complete thought; beginning middle and end. not like the drives i love where my only goal is to get lost. maybe a home is a destination, knowing where i'm going to end up at the end of the day.
the freedom that comes with not having a destination. nope i'm not going to be a teacher. oh what are you going to do? oh i don't know. isn't that fantastic?
true i miss you occasionally.
but today nobody is relying on hearing from me. and nobody would be upset if i turned my phone off completely. today i am a hobo with ideas for stories whose biggest fear (besides that of stairs) is to move her computer a quarter of an inch. whose biggest plans for the evening include watching a lunar eclipse and going to yoga.
climb out the chimney and meet me in the middle,
the middle of the town
since there's no on else around
we let our hair grow long
and forget all we used to know
3 comments:
I like your writing and I also like you.
I know you've heard this before, but I really do love to read what you write. It makes me feel happy and satisfied and introspective. Can one feel all that at once? I think yes.
Every once in a while (more and more often these days) I'll accidentally leave my phone at home for the whole day. I'll go through school and work without my phone worrying about all the texts and calls I'm probably missing. When I get home and run to my phone, how many text messages do I have? How many voicemails and missed calls. None. It sucks.
And hey, at least you got to see the eclipse, it was too cloudy for me.
Post a Comment