Wednesday, September 26, 2012

nine months


homegirl turned nine months on sunday. she gets into all sorts of trouble now. while i was working today (i'm an online tutor now. i feel slightly better about this than i did about writing fake reviews for diet pills) she pulled out half a box of kleenex one by one. she was having the time of her life. i pick my battles, so i let her be until she started eating said kleenex. then we had to have a talk.

she is no longer content to chill on her designated play area blanket on the floor. she army crawls all over the place and brings her blocks with her. her new favorite hobby is opening cabinet doors in the kitchen. this last week she learned to sit herself up like so:


i thought this was an awesome position for her to sit in because it seemed like a hard one to fall backward from. not so. she falls backwards on her head more than i'd like to say. usually if i catch her sitting up i'll throw a pillow behind her, but some mornings she manages to get there while i'm in downward dog, which is not an optimal pillow-throwing position. so down she goes.

she also claps on command now and just whenever she's feeling it. i eat it up.

elsie rae is her father's daughter. she is so social. she smiles and waves at everyone. if wes and i are both on the couch she is not cool with playing on the floor; she wants to be up here with us, talking, grabbing the remote, and eating our phones. she also likes to talk a lot. waking up to her babbling in the other room is maybe one of my favorite things about my days. she mostly says "dada" and "mama" but not  necessarily in reference to anyone. she'll only say "mama" when she's upset.

she's eating stuff now. turns out i was a little behind on the whole feeding her solids thing. whatevs. she generally eats everything well, but occasionally thinks it's hilarious to spit her food everywhere. which it kind of is.

she is still a champion sleeper. teach your little brothers and sisters likewise, els. 

i cannot believe she will be ONE YEAR OLD in three months. what??

kiss kiss elsie bear.





5 comments:

holli h. said...

your camera! wowwww.

Maida said...

I love this pic of Elsie--she is just so darn cute I can hardly believe it! Miss you guys!

naomi said...

I found your blog via a comment you left on mine (also, I know Seth H. and Jeff C. from Archer's Apple which means I am only a few people away from knowing you... think about it) and have been perusing your blog for a while now. It is hilarious and I'm kind of annoyed you didn't be my friend when I lived in Provo. What gives. Also, Elsie is super cute and I like her name a ton.

Katie said...

She is so cute. Will you guys be with your family for Thanksgiving? I'd love to see you and little Elsie! And Weston, of course.

Jack does the same thing with Dada and Mama... I only hear my name between sobs or angry grunts when something needs to be fixed.

Katie said...

She is so cute. Will you guys be with your family for Thanksgiving? I'd love to see you and little Elsie! And Weston, of course.

Jack does the same thing with Dada and Mama... I only hear my name between sobs or angry grunts when something needs to be fixed.