it's pretty representative of how the last few weeks of pregnancy have made me feel. i don't sleep at all (GOOD WARM UP FOR WHEN I HAVE A BABY RIGHT??). i rarely stray out of my uniform of oversized t-shirt and leggings (as flattering as it sounds). i spend a lot of time on this couch. the only thing missing is the bowl of cold cereal i am constantly consuming.
to top it off, on saturday night i woke up violently ill. i spent the hours of 1:45 a.m. - 3 :45 a.m. throwing up and such, having strong contractions, and freaking my husband out.
but then this morning, miracle of miracles,i woke up feeling like i owned the world. i felt awesome. i woke up early and had the most productive day i've had in weeks. i ran a lot of errands, finally got my name changed in all the right places (just in time for our one-year anniversary), brewed some red raspberry leaf tea, worked, organized the "nursery" (still a loosely used term. it doesn't look anything like a nursery), health insurance stuff, you name it. i'm so grateful for this burst of energy. it was definitely needed.
i'm so excited to get on to this next stage of my life. the last month of pregnancy is such a weirdin-between waiting time.

an in-between waiting time in which i could really use some cat-company...
2 comments:
so so sorry you got sick! that is such a bummer. but hey, tomorrow is december. it can't be much longer now! SO EXCITING!!
As of like 8 minutes ago, it is baby's birth month. You are productive and little girl won't know what hit her when she's got two wonderful parents.
I'm so joyful for you. Christmas and baby in the same month. I'm sorry you were sick. That's never bueno!
I also love reading your writing. Brings me back and I feel at Londonhome.
love you.
Post a Comment