Thursday, September 8, 2011

so what if milk chocolate dove bars are my life force right now

midwife: have you noticed any changes in your appetite lately?
me: um... no not really. i get fuller faster i guess.
midwife: hmm.. you get fuller faster.. hmm...
me: ....
midwife: you know you've gained 5 pounds in the last 3 weeks?
me: ....
midwife: ....
me: ................................

SORRY I'M JUST GROWING A BABY OVER HERE.
watch those pointing fingers lady you're not exactly wasting away yourself.

4 comments:

holli h. said...

hahaha. did you spontaneously run for the door at the end of this conversation?? i think i would. "im outta here!!" And dove chocolate bars are always the best.

Maida said...

sheesh...it's like when I was 9 months prego and just switched midwives cause we moved and I had gained like 9 pounds in a week...yeah, I know...anyway, I believe most of it was water weight, but my midwife then continued to lecture me on eating healthy and "skipping the bread basket at restaurants" to avoid carbs....I was like--seriously lady?? Don't TELL me how to eat!! The best PART of eating out is the bread basket, so thankyou very much Mrs.I've -never-had-a-baby-and-am tall-and-thin....
Yeah, don't even worry about it! :)

Amber said...

sounds like me in 7th grade... but i wasn't pregnant...

Nan said...

What Maida said.