Thursday, April 8, 2010

where grey clouds wander over heaven and town

seeds of night the cave singers


my spacebar isbroken.
and i havenot stoppedlistening to this songall day. it makes me feel anticipatory. in a good way.

sometimes run-ins still make your stomach drop and a widow losing her keys in the bathroom trashcan can reduce you to almost tears in the middle of your workplace (you're the emotional one imagine).
othertimes shimmying and dancing hard with your best friends at a monday night show, your proclaimed 'last-fun-thing-ever-until-finals-are-over' makes for a satisfyingly great time. that and spending some time with the love calculator.

the other day after researching in my cubicle for three hours for two of my final papers, i finally got an idea. i fist-pumped yesyesyesTHESIS! i hope i can develop the same enthusiasm when i finally learn to quilt successfully. or when i can do the splits again because i'll be doing yoga ALL the time. a yoga-teacher-to-be. these are my post-graduation plans.

last day of my favorite class today. i was pretty sad about it actually. i feel like graduating college isn't as ceremonious as graduating high school. i want to sign yearbooks or something.

and yes i have worn the same shirt three days in a row thankyouforasking.

2 comments:

Maida said...

I remember feeling the same way about college ending--yeah, yearbooks with 2sweet 2be 4gotten would have been nice...plus, I started grad school a week after I walked so, yeah, it was like pretend graduation.

And uhh--I just did the Love calculator and David and I only have SEVENTEEN percent chance of making it!!! The Dr. said that even if we try really hard, we still probably won't make it.... great...great dr..I have a kid and am pregnant and NOW you're telling me this is the wrong guy???

alex said...

sick change your shirt